Friday, July 30, 2010

I have a Visa!

Guess What?  I have a Visa.  It feels so amazing sitting here . . . . I am going to Argentina in 4 days . . . FOR SURE!  Here I come, welcome to the best part of my entire life.  I am so excited!  Yup, so everything is in order.  All three of us were called into the travel office this week and they said we were good to go, we have visas, and that we should be at the travel office Tuesday at 10 am.  So my stay here is almost entirely over.  I mean, I don't even have to remove my shoes to count the number of days I have left!

In Mosiah it teaches about having a peace of mind.  I firmly believe that Boston should be an acceptable band for missionaries to listen to.  It's all about religion.

Hey Dad, Gene R. Cook spoke at our Tuesday night devotional.  WOW.  We are so lucky here.  He gave the best talk ever.  It was so helpful and incredible.  I hope you are jealous.

Yes!  The temple finally opened and we were able to go this morning.  It was way way so so awesome.  Strange though, that will be the last temple I attend for the next 22 months!  This is a time when you say "darn."

I love the Argentina and Chicago flags on that huge wall so much!!!!!  You are quite the interior decorator Mom!

My Spanish is alright.  This whole week I have spoken a ton of spanish for HSI (SYL).  I have been super diligent at it and am always reminded of it.  I feel I am constantly improving and striving for excellence; however, I know when I show up to Mendoza in 4 days, I won't have a clue as to what in the world is going on!  That will be fun.

I hosted Elder Jacob Calaway!!!  It was amazing and so sweet.  I was just waiting for the next car to pull up when all of a sudden this crazy man with a WA plate swerves at me. . yeah!  Guess who?  It was the Calaway family.  I talked to them for a minute (they had already kicked Jacob out) and then went running to find Jacob.  Within a minute or so I located him and his host and his original host let me take over.  Fantastic!  Usually a host spends 20ish minutes with each new Elder, it's not really a written rule or anything, but when Elder Calaway and I got to his room, we sat and talked for an hour!  It was so sweet and awesome to talk with him.  He could not believe that he was actually a missionary.  He was so anxious to see what this place is all about.  I've seen him once since then.

The phone call - Dang it Saydi and Harrison!  I can't believe you're leaving me like this!  I guess we will just have to wait till Christmas to talk.  (Note from Delene:  Saydi and Harrison will not be here next Tuesday when Jackson gets to call home, they will be in Scotland).  So yeah, I'm really excited for Tuesday.  My flight leaves for GA at 1:50 pm.  So hopefully I can be all checked in and at my gate by 12:15ish and so we can have a sold 90 minutes to talk.  That will just be great.  I got the calling card and everything should go smoothly.  I also got the camera card and hummm, it wouldn't play.  I tried a couple of cameras, but to no avail.  O well, no big deal really.  O, and yes the debit card works because I used it to buy some fantastic breakfast in the temple this morning.

Snowing in Mendoza!!  That's what I'm talking about!  I am so excited to do this.  It is going to be so hard.  It's going to push me and make me cry, I'm sure.  But guess what?  The Lord is on my side!  Right now I am inside this training camp.  In 4 days I will venture with Him into a fallen world that needs the Gospel of Jesus Christ so much.  I know that if I live worthy and strive for excellence, I have nothing to fear because He is with me.  I love the Missionary Training Center because we focus solely on the Gospel of Christ.  The basics.  Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end.  Thats it.  So simple, so easy.  I love being here because I study these 5 things and am starting to gain a better understanding of each of them.  Also, I love learning about Baptism, which is central to our purpose (literally, look at the order).  OK, I could sit here all day and type about these 5 things.  I just love this work of God.  I know it is so true and can change everybody's life.

Amanda's down to 6 weeks?  That's so sweet!  You will love it here Amanda.  This will be the greatest thing you have ever done in your life.  And you will love it.

Elder Ostler