Monday, March 26, 2012

Real Labor. Real Fruit.


Hey! buen dia, doing great.
We just came to print out emails, and now we are going to play futbol!!!!  And there are some real good Elders, so it will be a blast. Until this afternoon!!
Elder Ostler
me alegra tanto escuchar del bautismo de la familia Roberts!  I knew me and her were baptizing that same day, and it was sweet!  
I had the most amazing birthday of my life.  R** R** got baptized, and it was the sweetest moment ever.  We had our lider misional baptize her.  
The baptism And confirmation of R** were so special.  There were over 25 people at the baptism, her grand kids are real musical, so we put together a piano, violin, and cello and choir spectacular of Mas Cerca Dios de Ti.  It was so special.  Also, F** attended, and she should be in the water quite soon too!  
On Sunday I confirmed her.  The look on here face after the confirmation . . . it was a special, emotional moment.  Priceless.  And I wouldn’t change it for the world.  
Then the bishop called her up next to him.  He had the RS president stand and welcomed her into the ward.  It was a moment of pure love. As she bajared the stairs she stopped at the piano and whispered to her daughterinlaw Estoy muy contenta!  When she arrived to me on the second row I saw the tears of peace in her eyes and she whispered again Estoy muy contenta.  When she sat by her granddaughter she uttered the same frase.  How precious the moment. For the next 5 minutes she was overwhelmed by he spirit and it showed.
It was the best birthday present ever.


It doesn’t get better than picture number

After a companionship prayer I realized that we had a significant part in helping the Holy Spirit convert 5 people.
This week we attended 3 baptismal services.  5 people in white.  And Elder Frost and I helped all of them. 
Friday night the Sisters in Bario Centro baptized old investigatores nuestros. Last month they were our investigators, but all their friends are in barrio centro.  Some stuff happened, they legally moved inside the limits del barrio centro, and were baptized by Elder Frost this week.  
The other person baptized this week was . . . Y**!  Remember her?  22 years old, a couple of 8 year olds shared the Gospel with her on the school bus?  
Well, she accepted the Gospel, is very strong and converted, and it was a wonderful service.


Remember that Y** lives 5 steps outside my area.  Elder Frost and I visited her the first time.  We did how to begin teaching and mentioned Baptism, and committed her to be baptized.  We talked with her on the fone the day before her baptism and congradulated her.   She told us, the first time you visited me you taught me about baptism and I thought you were crazy.  And now, a month later, I'm getting baptized.
 Y** with the 3 primary kids that shared the Book of Mormon with her
What a lot of miracles!!  5 more people converted to the Gospel.  R**, Y**, A**, P** y M**.  It was so nice to take part in these baptismal services and see fruit of our labor.  Real Labor, Real Fruit.  
And the fruit is Good!  
On the 24th the family we ate lunch with took us out for ice-cream afterwards.  It was great!  He told us all about his mission to paraguay 4 years ago . . and oooo it always pumps me up with a desire to be better when I talk with awesome ex-missionaries.  
The night of R**'s Baptism all the youth found out it was my birthday (there were 4 activities all going on at the same time that day) so there was lots of singing.  Then after the baptism, walking home, a big family driving home crossed our path and they stopped to buy something and all sang Happy birthday again, really loud.  
THEN, after church we were invited to an asado with a family, it was incredible, and then a single mother Hermana Q** wanted me to come over so she and her priest-age son could give me a present.  They gave me about the closest Argentine rendition of a DQ cake.  It was awesome! After the fun and talking, I had an amazing teaching moment.
And for the baptism I made brownies.
And in the pench that night Elder Frost make me fruit smoothies with cream.  It was awesome!

The traveling assistants came to SJ this week and helped us a lot. They lived in our pench and helped make it really dirty.  (but don’t worry, we cleaned it this morning) So it was fun having them every night.   This week the zone baptized 5 people, bringing us so close to our goal of 12.  We will end Marzo with 10 confirmations.  3 of them didn’t quite happen this week.  
I forgot to tell you, R** is 77 years old.

Some quick stuff:
Crazy about Amanda yeah?  Home on Wednesday.  Dang, I won’t dwell on that too much.  
We helped activate a woman.  S**.  She’s easily 77 as well, and it’s a long story, but we visit her and my comp gave her a blessing, and now she walks over 40 minutes to church and came yesterday for the second time in a row.  She’s awesome!  On a day we did exchanges this week (I went with Elder Kelley this week, his dad also is 1/2 Japanese!)  and as we entered her little house I felt out of nowhere to teach the palabra de Sabiduria.  It was not pre-thought or planned or anything.
We went through the 5 things and she says, NO I don’t have a problem with any of them . . except el cafe.  Coffee.  But I rarely drink it.
But as a matter of fact right now I am heating up water to make coffee with these 2 little coffee packets I bought this morning.  She willingly gave us the coffee packets and it was super cool!

Hey how’s Parker Jones!  I was thinking about him this week.  
Dad mentioned conference.  Yes, I am so excited.  And even better, President Avila is coming to San Juan for interviews the day before! yipee!!
Please every member of this family, invite someone to conference. Whether it’s through facebook or a face to face invitation.  Tell them you will pick them up Sunday or Saturday morning.  Will each of you do that?  It is a great opportunity to be member missionaries and feel the joy of this work.  
How was the personal and companionship studies last week  mom and dad and Harrison and Jefferson?  Hope they were good.
Personal Study is Sacred to me.  I love that hour.
And I'm following Amanda's example and each pday I study Charity. This morning was amazing to say the least.  And then I am able to put it into practice throughout the day and it is wonderful.
Just because you’d love to know.  Lunches this week with the members were amazing!
We had Asado, twice (so juicy, so tasty)
One day we had raviolis and pollo asado (so I guess 3 times)
Thursday we had Pastel de Papa con canela and azucar!  It is my favorite ever!  It’s built like shepherds pie but has meat, onions, hard boiled eggs, acetuna, and cinnamon and sugar.  They don’t put a salt shaker on the table, they but a bowl of sugar!  O how I love that meal. And the familia was just great. I was having incredible amounts of fun that lunch.  And then one time we had milanesas.  Way good too.
Today we played futbol.  It was amazing.


For Ben, I guess you to to the La Republica Domincana!  We were down 2-7 and I had a run of 4 quick goals and my team got behind me and we won 10-8.  Amazing.


Then I went to lunch with Elder Bennet.  Wow what an Elder.  So focused.  He understands.  I love him and Tell his mother she raised a wonderful son!
Tonight con Elder Frost we are traveling to Mendoza for Consejo. Which will leave us with Wednesday, Thursday, half of Friday, to work in our area.  And a couple more hours here and there.  A good amazing week coming up.
F** came to church again.  We continue meeting with her in the church, and teaching her with members, she’s just awesome.
Hey dad, sign me up for some good business classes yeah?
I love looking for opportunities to serve and teach the Elders.  Today, there have been numerous because a group of us was together jugando a la pelota.  
Well thats pretty much it.  I’m waiting for this last picture to load . . but let me answer some questions.

I’m doing good with my comp.  I passed through some hellish days and moments this week, but now everything is great!  We talk,we laugh, we play uno.  He’s a great Elder.  He is an excellent pianist. Wow.  I want to learn all of me so bad!
I’ll get my 2 birthday packages tomorrow.  Thanks for all the support there!
I love you Grandpa Skinner!  I think of you A LOT.  You’d be surprised.  Don’t worry.  I got a week planned on the farm when I get back!  We are going to have some amazing comp studies!
I really loved your emails this week. So inspiring.  I haven’t cried while reading one in a long time.  But mom, your words just touched me. Thank you.  You are the best mother and father and brothers and sisters EVER.
My love for you grows for you every day.
Love your son and brother
Elder Ostler